This site is maintained and operated by Centro Brasil no Clima.
We collect and use some personal data that belongs to those who use our site. In doing so, we act in the capacity of data controller and are subject to the provisions of Federal Law no. 13.709/2018 (General Law of Personal Data Protection – LGPD).
– Who Should Use Our Site
– What data we collect and what we do with it;
– Your rights in relation to your personal data; and
– How to contact us.
1. Data we collect and why we collect it
Our site collects and uses some personal data from our users, as set forth in this section.
1. Personal data expressly provided by the user
We collect the following personal data that our users expressly provide to us when using our website:
– Name and email address
The collection of this data occurs at the following times:
– Filling out the contact form
– Filling out the form to subscribe to our newsletter
The data provided by our users is collected for the following purposes:
– so that we can respond to demands made by users via our contact form
– for sending the monthly newsletter and institutional communication of events or activities of the Brazil Climate Center
2. Sensitive data
We will not collect sensitive data from our users, as defined in arts. 11 et seq. of the Personal Data Protection Act. Thus, there will be no collection of data on racial or ethnic origin, religious conviction, political opinion, membership of a union or religious, philosophical or political organization, data concerning health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, when linked to a natural person.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically downloaded to your device when you access and browse a website. They serve, basically, to be able to identify devices, activities, and user preferences.
Cookies do not allow any file or information to be extracted from the user’s hard drive, and it is also not possible, through them, to gain access to personal information that has not come from the user or from the way he or she uses the site’s resources.
a. Cookies from site
Site cookies are cookies that are sent to the user’s and administrator’s computer or device solely by the site.
The information collected via these cookies is used to improve and personalize the user experience, with some cookies being used, for example, to remember user preferences and choices, as well as to provide personalized content.
b. Cookie management
The user can oppose the registration of cookies by the site, simply by deactivating this option in his own browser. More information on how to do this in some of the major browsers used today can be accessed from the following links:
Disabling cookies, however, may affect the availability of some site tools and features, compromising their proper and expected functioning. Another possible consequence is the removal of user preferences that may have been saved, harming your experience.
4. Collection of data not expressly provided for
In any case, the collection of data and the processing activities resulting from it will be informed to the users of the site.
2. Sharing of personal data with third parties
We do not share your personal data with third parties. Nevertheless, it is possible that we do it to comply with some legal or regulatory determination, or to fulfill some order issued by a public authority.
3. For how long your personal data will be stored
The personal data collected by the website are stored and used for a period of time corresponding to that necessary to achieve the purposes listed in this document and that takes into account the rights of its holders, the rights of the website controller and the applicable legal or regulatory provisions.
Once personal data storage periods have expired, they are removed from our databases or anonymized, except in cases where storage is possible or necessary by virtue of a legal or regulatory provision.
4. Legal bases for processing personal data
Each personal data processing operation must have a legal basis, that is, a legal basis, which is nothing more than a justification that authorizes it, provided for in the General Law on Personal Data Protection.
All of Our personal data processing activities have a legal basis that supports them, among those permitted by law. More information about the legal bases we use for specific personal data processing operations can be obtained from our contact channels, informed at the end of this Policy.
5. User rights
The user of the site has the following rights, conferred by the Personal Data Protection Act:
– confirmation of the existence of treatment;
– access to the data;
– correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
– anonymization, blocking, or deletion of data that is unnecessary, excessive, or processed in violation of the law;
– portability of the data to another service or product provider, upon express request, in accordance with the regulations of the national authority, respecting commercial and industrial secrets;
– deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the data subject, except in cases provided for by law;
– information from public and private entities with which the controller has shared data use;
– information about the possibility of not providing consent and the consequences of refusal;
– revocation of consent.
It is important to note that under the LGPD, there is no right to erasure of data processed on a legal basis other than consent, unless the data is unnecessary, excessive, or processed in violation of the law.
1. How the holder can exercise his rights
To ensure that the user who intends to exercise his/her rights is in fact the owner of the personal data that is the object of the request, we may request documents or other information that may assist in his/her correct identification, in order to protect our rights and the rights of third parties. This will only be done, however, if it is absolutely necessary, and the applicant will receive all related information.
6. Security measures in the processing of personal data
We employ technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access and from the destruction, loss, misplacement or alteration of such data.
The measures we use take into account the nature of the data, the context and purpose of the processing, the risks that a possible violation would create to your rights and freedoms, and the standards currently employed in the market by companies similar to ours.
Among the security measures adopted by us, we highlight the following:
– Our users’ data is stored in a secure environment;
– We limit access to our users’ data so that unauthorized third parties cannot access it;
– We use SSL(Secure Socket Layer) certificates, so that data transmission between users’ devices and our servers happens in an encrypted way;
– We keep records of all those who have, in any way, contact with our data.
Even if you do everything in your power to prevent security incidents, it is possible that a problem may occur that is exclusively motivated by a third party – such as in the case of a hacking attack. hackers or crackers or, furthermore, in case of the user’s exclusive fault, which occurs, for example, when he himself transfers his data to a third party. Thus, although we are generally responsible for the personal data we process, we disclaim liability in the event of an exceptional situation such as this, over which we have no control whatsoever.
In any case, if any kind of security incident occurs that could generate relevant risk or damage to any of our users, we will notify those affected and the National Data Protection Authority about it, in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Law.
7. Complaint to a control authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, holders of personal data who feel in any way aggrieved may file a complaint with the National Data Protection Authority.
8. Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to modify, at any time, the present rules, especially to adapt them to the eventual changes made to our site, either by making new functionalities available, or by suppressing or modifying those already existing.
Whenever there is a change, our users will be notified of the change.
9. How to contact us
Mailing address: Av. José Silva de Azevedo Neto, 200 – Block 4, Room 104
Barra da Tijuca, Zip Code: 22775-056 Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
RJ – Brazil